Saturday, January 31, 2009

A Visitor from Virginia

My family is enjoying a weekend with a friend visiting from Virginia, where we used to live. David Willis, the preacher at Olivet Christian Church in Newport News, Virginia, is one of Mike's good friends, and he came up to speak at Cedar Creek's men's retreat this weekend. Tomorrow he is preaching at Cedar Creek and I am looking forward to hearing him. He's a great speaker!
I've enjoyed him being here because he has a great sense of humor and he makes Mike laugh. I love to hear Mike laugh! It makes me smile and it's good for his health.

This week was the start of the new women's Bible studies at Cedar Creek. There are close to 50 women meeting weekly to study the Word of God and I am excited! Good things are going to happen this year as women of all ages seek to know and love God more, and seek His purpose for their lives. To God be the glory!

No comments: