Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year-Happy!

2009. Fresh. New. Year. What is it about the beginning of a year that makes you want to try harder, do better, be better. Today is just the day after yesterday. Yesterday was no big deal. Except that we all used it to eat large amounts of really bad food that we swear we're not going to eat anymore. Starting today. Why today? Because it's the first day of the first month of a brand new year! We humans are so silly. Why wouldn't yesterday be just as good a day to start being better people than today? It's that resolution thing. It happens every January 1. Or sometimes it happens on Mondays. Usually we're talking about the dieting here. I never quite understood the Monday thing. You're already sooo far behind on Monday because you went so ridiculously overboard all weekend knowing that Monday was the big "start" day. Silly.


But I do get motivated come January 1. It really does have that "starting fresh" feeling. My son has decided to read through the chronological Bible this year and read his first reading this morning. I love that. I just hope he has more stick-to-it-ness than we adults do.

This year I want to be used by God in ways that stretch me and make a difference in others' lives. I want to be more of a servant, and I want my leadership to teach servanthood to others. I want to be a friend to those I usually overlook. I want to recognize potential in others and encourage them to grow and serve. I want to see women get excited about their walk with God and passionate about serving Him. I want to have influence for the glory of God.


Also, I want to lose about 20 pounds.


New Year. Happy!

No comments: