Thursday, February 4, 2010

Wisdom To Know Your Man

What an interesting week in class! I loved studying, talking, and hearing about the different types of men we're married to, and the wisdom we need in being godly wives to them. I think God was so creative when he gave all of us different personalities, strengths and tendencies. Life and marriage would be uninteresting if we were all predictable and all our husbands had the same character traits.
So, I'd like you to tell something specific you've learned about the type of man you're married to, and what you've chosen to change about how you respond to him.
Don't forget to pray for your man, and to pray for wisdom for yourself! Remember that your relationship with your husband is to be a beautiful picture of Christ and His bride, the church. That thought is so humbling to me. What a privilege!
Have a great week!
Tracy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So... being married to a Mr. Steady, I'm thinking that the Valentine's season is over rated and at some points really stinks (there will probably be no romantic planning)! But... I'm trying to think of all the things I can be thankful for - and the blessings are abundant. :)(...something I wouldn't have done without reading this book.)

tracyk said...

I love that you're focusing on your blessings! Let me offer another suggestion...could you be the "Valentine's planner" this year? What if you went all out and really put together a date that would blow your man away and show how much you appreciate him? Personally, I know I've put a lot of pressure on my guy in the past, thinking he needs to be the one to plan stuff, or else it's not a "valid date". Now we have as much fun on special occasions whether he plans it or I do. And he no longer feels pressured or that he's letting me down. My goal is to get to a place where I more often say,"What more can I do for him?" Especially when I keep in mind that ultimately, I'm serving Jesus.