Monday, January 18, 2010

Five Days In...


Hey Everyone!
God timed things perfectly for me. Coming off our first class of "Help Meet", my husband and I had a weekend alone, as our kids were off at the High School Retreat from Friday till Sunday. We had a really great weekend! Saw a movie, had breakfast out, hung out at the bookstore, and enjoyed some quiet time at home. It's always weird having the house to ourselves!
The kids are back now, and the challenge resumes; the challenge to be a positive joy-filled wife and mother amid all the usual stuff that life brings - good and not-so-good.
I'm wondering if anyone would like to report any ways that you have consciously tried to be a helper to your man this week, and any results of those efforts? It's always encouraging to hear what's "working" for others, and it often spurs the rest of us on to try a little harder!
I'm looking forward to our next class. And I'm praying for you. Hope you'll do the same for me!
Tracy

3 comments:

Amy Johnson said...

Even though we have gone over only 1 chapter, I have really tried hard to let my husband be head of household. He was already but there was a lot of time I would try to tell him a better way to do something and he does not like to be told that and it would sometimes start an argument. So this week I have really backed off and it has been a much peaceful week! So far so good!

caitlin said...

I have been trying really hard to express more joy towards my husband and thankfulness! I feel as if I get so wrapped up in "everyday" duties, that I lose track of him basically! It is almost as if we are roommates at times!

Grace White said...

I have actually found this challenge to be not only fulfilling but also rewarding. First thing in the morning, I try to think of ways that I can be my husband's perfect helper(which I find to be really easy in the morning since he is already gone for work by the time I get up). :) But honestly, I found that for me it starts with the mind not with my physical actions. For example, I love to do my husbands laundry, cook for him, keep the house clean so he doesn't have to come home and do anything - I even like picking up his socks that are always 2 feet from the laundry basket; however, if I do all of this without a positive attitude and joy in my heart than I am not being my husband's perfect helper. I have found that lately I have slipped into the normal everyday routine, and I was forgetting to simply smile. So, this week, as far as the challenge goes - I have really put forth the effort to be a positive, joy-filled wife and mother by smiling and having a joyful heart, and I have noticed not only a difference in how my husband responds to me but also how my children act and their attitudes toward me. My days have been a lot more enjoyable this week.