Sunday, September 28, 2008

I like Art Bush


It was a great day at Cedar Creek today. We had a wonderful time of worship and I enjoyed meeting and chatting with a visitor named Cherise from Hamilton. She loves CC and says she comes to worship with us when she needs a "shot in the arm". I wish she'd come for her shot every week--she is so sweet!
Art Bush was with us today, sharing the gift of his smooth voice with us. I always enjoy hearing him. He is so humble and the message of his music always comes through clearly, because he wants to bring glory to God and not himself. I love that about him. The only trouble today was, he didn't sing long enough!
He sang "I Can Only Imagine", while a very moving video played. It showed a man in a nursing home longing for his wife who had gone on to heaven. Then it showed him passing away and going on to join his wife. I was sitting by my Dad, and we lost Mom a couple years ago. I was thinking of how much he must want to go be with her, and how much I miss her too, yet how happy she must be there. We were both crying. I never quite know what to do for Dad at those times. I can't imagine losing my husband, and we've only been married half as long as Mom and Dad were. I guess the lessons are obvious. Love and cherish your loved ones while you can. And be grateful that this life is not all there is! Praise God for that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Art...and whenever I can't think of anything to say to someone a big hug works and speaks volumes. I think everyone has the good things in their hearts but they need to release them instead of keeping them in!